Thursday, January 31, 2008

Weekly Pictures

KC and I have made our weekly trip to Lakeside and can post pictures. Here are some highlights from the previous week. We have also added pictures to Chef Gordon and KC (previous post). Hope you enjoy. Thank you.


Santosh made funny faces.





















We celebrated Binita's birthday with a cake, slices of mango, cucumber and sweets. She loved the attention and the kids loved singing a varied version of Happy Birthday (it threw KC and I for a loop). Binita was very sweet in hand delivering all the adults several sweets to enjoy as well. She forgot no one.

















You can see excitement on her face, Happy Birthday Binita!
















KC and Susma posed for a quick shot as the kids finished getting ready for school.















Sandeep rejoiced as the kids left for school. He had KC and Gordon all to himself.












Fishtail Mountain looms over Pokhara. It is a sight to see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

super pix - keep them coming!

Could you give us a little info about each of the kids?

Anonymous said...

Gordon and KC:

I'm sure the pics are a pain to load . . . but for us at home they are really inspiring. It's nice to see the other side of our world enjoy my brother's gap-toothed grin. KC, the kurta looks incredible.

So, my "comments" are going to follow more of a "request line" format. First request is some pictures of Katmandu and the two of you riding a rhino in Chitwan Park. At the very least I expect a hornbill in mid-flight over some oxbow lake.

All my love,

Geoff

Anonymous said...

I'm SO proud of you guys! Just saw the most incredible Danish film about a Danish expat working at an Indian orphanage and it made me think of you two. You must see it when back home. I posted a Facebook note about it. Take care and keep the kids smiling! xoxo. joelle

Gordon and KC said...

Geoff, there are no pictures of us riding rhinos and if there were I could not publish them. The Nepal Army protects the forest and they would be coming after us. We saw a couple hornbills but they were moving fast so no pictures. I feel like I failed you, hopefully KC in her red sari will cheer you up.